Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

The painting that I chose from Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec was The Kiss. I chose this picture simply because it was very appealing to me. He used red as the background, which definitely stuck out to me. I feel that the purpose of this painting was to give off the vibe that the painting is about love or maybe even lust. The audience would be the younger generation because the people in the painting appear to be young also which is why I mention lust because sometimes us young people think were in love with someone and we might not be. The genre of this of this picture is an actual oil painting. My stance on this painting is objective just because what this particular painting means to me might mean something else to someone else. I'm just making my own assumption, which is that this is a picture of a young couple that may be in love, and that they are making love to each other. The design/media of this picture is also print. With that being said, usually a picture has a bigger range of the way people respond to this because there is no print, nothing telling you what this picture is representing. So its up to you to create your own thoughts in your head. I think this is a beautiful painting, and I would like to own it one day and have it hanging up on a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment